Franchise Tax?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Franchise Tax?

I previously set an LLC in Texas and I have received a franchise tax letter requiring me to file a response. i have not fully read it, but is this legal and required to do?

I will try to upload the letter if i can this week.

Thank you,

AmericanQueen AmericanQueen's picture
If you have contracted as

If you have contracted as being the ALL CAPS surety with a US zip code, then you have contracted yourself into the Federal Zone, where you don't want to be. Now you must follow their legal advice. You could get a foreign private LLC, with a foreign EIN number and foreign address, even a non-domestic without the US address, but that is going to take some advanced study....

"It is easier to fool people than it is to convince people they've been fooled." ~ Mark Twain

Log in or register to post comments